- 2007, Doctor of Medicine - University of Florida
- Residency - Vanderbilt University Medical Center (Nashville, TN)
Dr. Hernandez joined PHCA in 2010 at our Lutz Office, and relocated to our South Tampa Office in 2015.
She earned a B.A. in Food Science and Human Nutrition cum laude in 2002, and a Doctor of Medicine in 2007, both from University of Florida. She was honored in the University of Florida Hall of Fame in 2007 for outstanding campus and community involvement.
She completed her residency at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, TN, where she also volunteered with the Girls on the Run after-school program.
Dr. Hernandez is board certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 2010.
She has an avid interest in childhood obesity and newborn care, and enjoys the continuity of care that pediatrics provides and watching her families grow.
In her spare time, she enjoys exercise, traveling, and Florida Gator athletics.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- Amerigroup (now Simply Health)
- AvMed Health Plan
- BayCare Health Network
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- First Health/Coventry
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- St. Joseph's Hospital