Robert A. Buzzeo
- 1977, Doctor of Medicine - Universidad Autonoma de Guadelajara (Jalisco, Mexico)
- 1981, Residency - Metropolitan Hospital (New York, NY)
Robert A. Buzzeo, M.D., joined the Alliance in 1997. He practiced at one of founding practices (Tampa Bay Pediatrics) of Pediatric Health Care Alliance.
Dr. Buzzeo received his undergraduate degree from St. John's University, Jamaica, New York (1973) and his Doctor of Medicine Degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara , Jalisco, Mexico (1977). He completed his internship in Pediatrics at New York Medical College - Misericordia Hospital, Valhalla, New York (1978) and his residency in Pediatrics at the New York Medical College - Metropolitan Hospital, New York, New York (1981).
Dr. Buzzeo has been Board Certified with the American Board of Pediatrics since 1986.
Dr. Buzzeo is married and has two children. In his free time, he enjoys photography, cycling and sailing, and he is fluent in Spanish.
He has been elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® each year from 1996-2004 and 2007-2014. Best Doctors® is a leading resource for linking consumers with expert medical care. Physicians are chosen through an exhaustive peer-review survey that asks: "If you or a loved one needed a doctor in your specialty, to whom would you refer them?" Only physicians who earned the consensus support of their peers were included.
Insurance Plans Accepted
- Aetna U.S. Health Care
- AvMed Health Plan
- BayCare Health Network
- Beacon Health Plan/FL Health Choice
- Beech St/Capp Care
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - HMO/PPO/TRAD
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield - Network Blue
- Cigna - PPO/HMO only
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Florida Hospital Healthcare System
- Great West
- Humana - Choice Care
- Humana - HMO/PPO/EPO
- Humana Tricare
- Interplan Health Group
- Medicaid* (limited)
- Molina Healthcare
- PHCS (PPO and MD Products Only)
- Sunshine Health
- United Health Care
More About Insurances We Accept
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Florida Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Medical Association
- Hillsborough County Pediatric Society
- Florida Hospital-Tampa