Our growing alliance of pediatricians brings together vast knowledge and experience to provide optimal physical, emotional, and psychological development as your child grows. PHCA has been awarded national recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
Here are some of the ways in which we fulfill the goals and criteria of a medical home:
Accessible & Family-Centered
- Same-day services for most illnesses
- Separate well and sick waiting areas
- 24-hour answering service
- Pediatric nurse triage service (available after regular office hours)
- Convenient neighborhood locations
- Extended weekday hours at select locations
- Weekend urgent care at select locations.
- Evening Hours Offices in Brandon, Carrollwood, and Wesley Chapel, available to all PHCA patients
Culturally Effective Staffing
- Multilingual pediatricians and staff
- Diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Female and male pediatricians available
- Appointment reminders two days in advance
- Email newsletter with office updates, child health news, and other pertinent information
- Secure online communication via patient portal
We offer consultative visits to address concerns in behavioral health areas, such as depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorder and other school problems. Some of these problems are treated by our practice, and we also maintain an updated list of community resources if your pediatrician feels care is needed that is outside our scope of practice.